Paid Internships Available for Orange County Students
There will be no grabbing coffee for the bosses or ordering lunch for the team. This is a full-fledged marketing internship where Orange County and Los Angeles students can expect to get knee-deep in the depths of digital marketing. Students will learn and assist industry experts in a variety of fields, from social media marketing to SEO. Depending on the intern’s interests and strengths, this internship will be tailored to best help them succeed and make a positive mark on a growing marketing firm.
Understanding that education comes first and students are typically in crippling debt, this internship at Your Marketing People is paid and flexible to suit the needs of the student – hours can range from 5 to 10 per week depending on workload.
Your Marketing People’s goal with this quarterly internship is to give high school and college students an opportunity to get their foot in the door in such a competitive field and improve their resume with a real-world experience. Stemming from one of the Co-Founders’ past experiences, this internship is designed to bring in the next generation of marketers.
“I started my marketing career, a long time ago, at an advertising firm in Orange County. Just out of college, I was lucky enough to get the opportunity and it gave me the chance to see that I had a knack for copywriting and a passion,” says Co-Founder, Alisha Chocha. “I concentrated my skillset there and landed my first paying job as a Copywriter shortly after the internship ended. If it weren’t for that internship, I’m not sure where I would be.”
So do you have what it takes? Are you ready to take a dive into the deep end of digital marketing? We hope you brought your floaties.
If interested in applying for the quarterly internship, please see application and eligibility details below.
How to Apply:
- Send your resume (please include GPA, previous work experience, and contact information) and a 300-word essay explaining your interest in marketing and how this internship would help you (feel free to be creative and use digital marketing tactics to your advantage), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select candidates will be interviewed by phone. Each internship will last the duration of one quarter; applicants who are not selected for this Quarter internship are encouraged to re-apply for the next available opening. Please see dates below for when to apply.
- Must be between the ages of 16 – 21
- Must be enrolled full-time as a student in an Orange County/Los Angeles school
- Must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States
- Must have a work permit from school
- Must have access to a laptop/computer
- Must submit transcript with application (a minimum GPA of 3.4 required)
- A teacher referral may be requested
- Fall Quarter: October 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018 Must apply by September 27, 2018
- Winter Quarter: January 1, 2019 – March 29, 2019 Must apply by December 18, 2018
- Spring Quarter: April 1, 2019 – June 28, 2019 Must apply by March 18, 2019
- Summer Quarter: July 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019 Must apply by June 17, 2018