3 Social Media Trends Brands Are AdoptingIn the past year, a lot has happened in the social media world. For brands, some of those changes have been great. Others, not so much. On the bad side, ad blocker usage continues its meteoric rise, increasing 30% year over year, making it tough for brands to break through in paid channels. It’s getting tougher for brands organically, too. Several social media platforms, most notably Facebook, have consistently tweaked their algorithms to demote content from brands in favor of posts from regular users. Here’s the good news. Brands are getting more creative than ever with finding ways to break through on social media, and delight and engage their fans. Let’s review three creative approaches brands are adopting on social media.
1. Influencer marketingComplementing the fall of brand visibility on social media is the lost of consumer trust in brands. Only about 22% of customers still trust brands. So how are customers learning about brands, and more importantly, growing loyal to them? By listening to their favorite influencers. 88% of consumers trust influencer content over branded content, and 92% of them trust influencers over celebrities. Smart brands are building relationships with well-known vloggers and bloggers to spread the word about their products and services. Influencer marketing has come a long way since its debut. There are plenty of ways to partner with influencers besides the traditional (though still effective) Instagram post:
- Viral hashtag campaigns coordinated with dozens of influencers on Twitter or Instagram
- Dedicated blog post reviews or YouTube tutorials featuring branded products
- VIP events, speaker opportunities, and in-person fan meetups
- Discount promotions, giveaways, and contests
- Sponsored content and guest posts