A Beginner’s Guide to HubSpot for Inbound Marketing Success
Does your brand want to grow its online presence and build stronger customer relationships? If so, HubSpot may be your ticket to bringing your ideal customers to you, rather than sending messages out to a broad audience.
Read on to discover more about HubSpot in our beginner’s guide. Your brand will be on its way to attracting visitors, converting leads, and closing deals.
1. What Is Inbound Marketing and Why Do I Need It?
First, let’s discuss why having an inbound marketing strategy in place is so important to your overall digital marketing plan. As opposed to sending messages out to the public (outbound marketing) through ads like billboards, commercials, direct mail, etc., inbound marketing uses targeted strategies and meaningful content to draw people into your brand.
Inbound encompasses all digital marketing channels that focus on lead generation, from acquiring leads to nurturing them into becoming customers to re-engaging to keep them coming back. content marketing to social media, and email marketing to SEO and paid search.
Here are some statistical reasons why inbound marketing should be part of your digital marketing strategy:
- SEO: 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results.
- Paid Search: 64.6% of people click on Google ads when they are looking to buy an item online.
- Social Media: Facebook sends 82% of social media traffic to longer stories and 84% of social traffic to shorter news articles. Instagram’s user count is growing close to 5% per quarter.
- Email Marketing: For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $38.
- Content Marketing: 55% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
- Video Marketing: Product videos can increase purchases by 144%.
2. How Can HubSpot’s Marketing Hub Help Grow My Brand?
The key to the all-in-one Marketing Hub is that it brings your customers to you more efficiently and with less effort. With HubSpot, you can build landing pages on your website without an IT person, get your content in front of the right audience at the right time, ensure your website is mobile-friendly, and drive more traffic to key landing pages with clickable call-to-actions.
If your brand wants to take a holistic approach to your marketing efforts, HubSpot can help you maintain in-sync messaging across your digital marketing channels.
As a digital marketing agency, three of our favorite can’t-live-without HubSpot features are:
- Content Optimization – Let’s face it, you can have THE best, most informative content on the web, but if no one sees it, what’s the point? HubSpot’s SEO optimizer tool helps ensure your website, blogs, emails, social media posts, etc. are being seen by people who are already searching for your product and/or service on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo
. BonusTip: “Optimize your old content,” says Chris Casarez, SEO Manager at Your Marketing People. “When you optimize old blog posts or website content in addition to adding new content, you’re essentially boosting your opportunities to achieving higher site rankings in the search engines.”
- Marketing Automation – Setting up automated workflows is one of the BEST things you can do to save time and money while simultaneously eliminating missed lead opportunities. Each lead should have a personalized path to purchase. With drip campaigns, you can have a series of emails in the queue to give your leads all the information they need to make the decision to buy. With each interaction, you’ll have a follow-up or next-step set in place
. BonusTip: “Before designing your workflow for each digital marketing channel, get into the mind of your ideal audience to discover their wants, needs, hesitations, and what would make them say ‘yes.’” says Alisha Chocha, President of Your Marketing People. “Also consider taking your leads through multiple channels as you nurture them down the funnel to the point of sale.”
- Web Analytics/Reporting – One of the main reasons inbound marketing is on the rise is because you can measure your ROI with proper reporting and web analytics in place. HubSpot CRM can record and organize every interaction your customers have with your brand, and the data can be used to report on how each digital marketing campaign and/or channel is doing to contribute to sales.
- Bonus Tip: “Use your historical data to make improvements to your campaigns,” says Emily Briggs, Reporting Manager for Your Marketing People. “HubSpot ensures the data you need is recorded and conveniently at your fingertips so you can improve and test your strategy, and eliminate wasted spend. ”
3. What is HubSpot Academy?
In addition to its leading CRM software and blog, HubSpot is a great resource to educate yourself on everything inbound marketing-related. Since its 2012 inception, HubSpot Academy has offered courses, projects, certifications, and software training. More than 60,000 certifications are awarded annually to HubSpot Academy course graduates.
Getting Started with HubSpot
HubSpot is a free CRM platform, but for additional services, the pricing goes up from there. Your Marketing People is a Certified Agency Partner with HubSpot, and we were recently listed as one of the top digital marketing agencies in Los Angeles! Our team can help you streamline your marketing and set up campaigns for each of the digital marketing channels you choose to use. If you want to know more about our HubSpot services, contact us today.